Here you can find answers to the common questions you probably have about my REAL ESTATE photo/video services. For info about other photography (interior, etc), please contact me.
Terms and Conditions Nikolay Shubin Photographer.
- What areas do you serve? Are there travel fees? I serve the Greater Vancouver area. NO TRAVEL FEES in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Richmond, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, Delta, Tsawwassen, White Rock, Surrey, Maple Ridge, Cloverdale, Langley. $15 - North Vancouver, $20 - Abbotsford, Mission. For other areas please contact me.
- What is the turnaround time? I can usually get tours and photos back to you within 12-24 hours. Maximum turnaround time is 48 hours.
- What forms of payment do you accept? I accept slipped credit cards with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB or Discover logo; e-transfers, cheques, money orders or cash as well (please use for docs my full name- Nikolay Shubin). Invoices and receipts will be provided.
- What are the payment terms? The payment must be received at the finish of the shoot before I start the post-processing. More about e-transfers: INTERAC e-Transfer FAQ
- Why should I choose your service over the others I’ve seen advertised? I offer personal "in-time" service with affordable prices for the high quality product you are guaranteed to receive: Interior Design Photography (>gallery), High Tech Interior Photography (>gallery), Residential and Commercial Real Estate Photography (MLS Packages), Commercial Street Photography (>gallery). I provide all-weather service with no additional fees for post – processing. My photographic service is available seven days a week. By your request, I include photos that capture the essence of a neighborhood – the shops, parks and street life that will attract clients to your listings. All prices include FIXING photos for CLOUDY SKY on a rainy day. All prices include TVs retouch. I use highest quality prime specialist architecture/interior wide lenses and adapters. I use telephoto lenses for views. I always use boot covers. I work with the second back-up camera to minimize any technical issues at the site. I'm shooting as fast as possible.
Prompt delivery in 24 hours or less.
My aim here is to improve final listing pictures to avoid:
- inappropriate oversaturation and/or over-under-exposure,
- distortions ("curved walls"),
- lost texture and original colour of furniture and floor (no "cyan cast")
- blind oversaturated spots instead of windows
- bad resizing of pictures when uploaded to MLS
And, most of all to make sure that your listing photos are REAL reflections of your property and not just wide angled photos.
- How long does a typical photo shoot last? A typical photo shoot takes just 30-90 minutes on site. A 4K CINEMA Package may take up to 120-150 min. I spend a number of hours processing the photos afterwards to make them amazing
- How should be property prepared prior to the shoot? Please read HOME PREPARATION web page on how to prepare a property. Please provide the link to Your client (e.g., a seller, owner).
- What is the best time of day for shooting my property? The short answer is I make the property look great no matter what the light is. Many clients want the sun hitting the front of the house to create the best possible front exterior. This means if the house faces east, morning (around 10am) is best, and if the house faces west, afternoon (around 1-2 pm) is best. If ocean views are important, I recommend twilight photo shooting to capture these views.
- Do you take night shots of homes too? Yes, I do the exterior shooting during twilight. $99 is add-on for this shooting. You will get "Golden hour - Blue hour" MLS compliant and printable exterior images.
- What if the weather is bad on the day of my shoot? If the weather is bad on the day of your scheduled shoot (i.e. rain, heavy clouds and the like), usually, I proceed with the shoot as scheduled, regardless of the weather. The listed prices include fixing photos for cloudy skies and such. If the sky is overcast I will photoshop it blue. There is one thing only... This is a view issue. If you need a stunning mountain or sea view, better book the shooting according to the forecast.
- Can I cancel an appointment/confirmed order? You can cancel an appointment/confirmed order if you give 24 hours' notice and/or re-book to another day. If you cancel with 24-12 hours' notice, there is a late cancellation $100 fee. If you cancel appointment/confirmed order with less than 12 hours' notice, the confirmed order price will be charged.
- How much notice is required? I appreciate 72 hours advance notice (except: "hot market" B.C. season). If I unfortunately missed your phone call, please leave a text or a voice message. I cannot answer while shooting, but I will contact you as soon as possible. For your convenience, please use the "Place You Order Online" service and you will get a confirmation within the next 1-3 hours. In special circumstances, I have been able to book same-day appointments. However, I recommend at least 48 hours advance notice to ensure you receive the appointment time that works the best to prep property for the shoot.
- How will the photos and tours be delivered? Photos will be emailed to you via Dropbox/Google drive (1 month access to the shared folders). You will receive MLS/Printable ready images. The embeddable Youtube/Vimeo links of tours will be provided.
- What kind of video and virtual tours do you provide? What are the differences? Please, explore 4K CINEMA PACKAGE and FULL PACKAGE web pages about tour types which I provide in service.
- I see the term “HDR” mentioned when you describe the quality of your photos. What is this? HDR refers to “High Dynamic Range.” I utilize a photographic process where I combine multiple exposures of the image and combine them digitally afterwards to provide a final photo that more accurately reflects the amazing tonal and color range of the human eye. This means that if there’s a view to see out a window… I can show it. This also ensures that, for example, the light fixtures in a room are not “blown out” of view. Even if the weather does not cooperate, you will get the external photos as if they are taken on a sunny day.
Why do you provide MLS pictures in two resolutions?
Because the Real Estate boards of British Columbia provide the different picture sizes on MLS.
For instance, MLS/web 1024x680 pxl is better for the Greater Vancouver Real Estate Board data provided, but the square look of MLS pics 1280x960 pxl is great for the Fraser Valley Board data provided.
Do you provide real estate brochures, feature sheets and flyers?
I do not. I provide printable pictures to earn your business. You then may make a choice to use any design printing companies and order more copies from them with the best prices.
If you have any further questions, please contact me