Here are some helpful tips to be sure the best real estate photos are taken:
- Sweep driveway, sidewalks, patios, and decks.
- Mow lawn, trim trees and bushes, and remove any weeds.
- Remove all vehicles from driveway and street in front of the house.
- Move outdoor garbage cans so they cannot be seen from the street.
- Storing them in the garage is a good idea as I normally do not photograph the inside of the garage unless it has special features.
- Remove garden tools, hoses, sprinklers, toys, bicycles, and seasonal decorations from the yard.
- Clean grill and remove cover.
- Clean pool area.
- Make sure outside lights are functional.
- Remove any signage from the yard.
- Spread fresh mulch in gardens.
- Fill planters with flowers.
- Contain pets and any evidence of pets (cages, food bowls, chew toys, etc.) out of sight.
- Clean all floors.
- Remove piles of magazines and newspapers.
- Clear counters, tables, and desk tops.
- Put bathroom and kitchen essentials in a cabinet or closet.
- Make sure all light bulbs are working and replace any that aren’t.
- Put indoor trash cans out of sight.
- Remove any items on the refrigerator such as photos, notes, papers, magnets, drawings, calendars, etc.
- Remove small rugs, especially in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Clean all windows, countertops, mirrors, glass fronts of aquariums, TVs, and any other reflective surfaces.
- Be sure all beds are made and check the neatness of bed linens.
- Hang or put away all clothes.
- Turn on all lights.
- Turn off all TVs and ceiling fans.
- Reduce clutter.
- Open all curtains and blinds to allow as much natural light in as possible.
- Neatly hang fresh, matching towels on towel racks.
- Dust and remove cobwebs from all furniture surfaces, ceiling fans, light fixtures, etc.
- Open all entry doors and close all closet doors.
- Set dining tables with dinnerware and a centerpiece.
- The biggest tip is to just declutter.
- Get a storage space if you need to.
Less stuff makes for better photos. Thank you! :)